The Norfolk Foundation
Wilfred G. Semple Scholarship Loan Fund
For students studying engineering, physics or math at a Virginia university.
- Scholarships are available for each academic year.
- Award amounts are based on the amount of funds available, the number of winners selected and individual financial need.
- Amounts are not predetermined. Scholarships range from $1000 up to $6000. The average scholarship in the 2005-2006 school year was approximately $2,500
- Must be physics, engineering or mathematics major
- Must be in at least junior year of college by Fall of the award year
- Preference given to students from Norfolk, VA.
- Application deadline: March 1, of each academic year
- Scholarship loans must be repaid, as students' finances permit with no interest accrued
- For more information visit the Norfolk Foundation Web Site
- If eligible and interested, you can get an application from your advisor or directly from the Norfolk Foundation website.
NOTE: The 2005-2006 scholarship application process is closed. Applications for 2006-2007 will become available December 1, 2005. Applications for 2006-2007 are due March 1, 2006. All applicants will be notified in May 2006 as to whether they have received a scholarship.